Thursday, December 20, 2007

Brain

Today i went to my first lesson for Style in Contemporary English Literature. It is a fun class but i think the lecturer is a bit pervert. He kept talking about sex and lust. His job is to interpret short stories but i don't know why he kept looking at that point of view. He was telling us about this story. It is about a man who share a cab with a girl. The girl was very sad due to her personal problems and that man wanted to console her. They are strangers to each other. According to my lecturer, the man actually wanted to have sex with the girl. The man had some sexual fantasy when he see that girl. My lecturer asked us not to just accept the story but to look within the story and interpret it. I haven't read the story yet but i think there is another view of it.

My lecturer claimed that the man actually feels that the girl is penetrable. i don't really like the word penetrable. It sounds so violent. Maybe he should use the layman's term fuckable. It might be a little rude but at least the meaning is there. I seriously prefer fuckable than penetrable. I think i need to start reading that book before the next class. At least i can voice out if i don't agree with him.

I think I'm going to like this class. The class is small and the lecturer is open-minded. When the lecturer is open-minded, it allows me space to voice out my opinion. At least there's no need for me to be afraid that i might offend him.

By the way, I'm not ah boonz wanted to act in some adult, sophisticated, art, educational, action movie.

4 comments:

runawaycat said...

Oo what's the title of the book? Open minded lecturer good la! We so very lack those.

dominiqueban said...

the book title is lovers and strangers...

CY said...

Technically speaking, all girls are 'penetrable'. So are guys too but let's not go there.

I think 'penetrable' is a more 'classy' way of saying 'fuckable'. Not to be confused with 'affable', which means a totally different thing! ;)

runawaycat said...

Hey I googled it. It's written by Robert Raymer who teaches creative writing in usm. I remeber Julia saying her creative writing teacher is an American but he already went back.