Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dominique's Food Hunting I (featuring Man Lim and Runaway Cat)

I'm so sleepy now but I can't really sleep because the weather is so hot and humid. Why doesn't it rain on the day it is suppose to rain? Sad. Anyway, I'm so sleepy mainly because i woke up at 5am this morning to go food hunting at KL city with 2 of my buddies. Well, the Runaway Cat ran away after some having some fresh fish but me and Man Lim went on searching for the so called best curry puff in town ( it was featured in The Star so i guess it must be the best in town).

Here's the members of Dominique's Food Hunting I

RunawayCat

Man Lim (Why Man Lim? I have no idea)

I started my journey at 530am. I picked Man up at about 6am and headed to Serai Inn to pick up RunawayCat. Serai Inn was located at Jalan Hang Lekiu which is supposed to be next to Jalan Raja Chulan. Anyway, we accidentally bumped in Jalan Hang Leki

Here's an early joke by Man.

As we were listen to Ah Q's new song on radio...
Man : Maybe last time when Hang Lekiu was small, his frens call him Ah Q.
Me : LOL?

Ok. Back to the main topic. After picking up RunawayCat, we headed straight to Petaling Street for our first target, the fresh fish porridge. It is suppose to be raw fish porridge but fresh fish sounds nicer so I'll stick to fresh fish porridge. Haha. The fish was serve raw and the boiling hot porridge is to cook the fish.

Here is the fresh raw fish.


The boiling hot porridge with the fresh raw fish. Yummy.

The porridge actually taste great. It is very fine and definitely hot. The fish is just nicely cook under the heat of the porridge. Highly recommended by me. Let's see...Rating 3 1/2 star. Maybe the rating will be higher is we go earlier because according to Man, the porridge taste better at 4-5am. So I guess next time we will go earlier. Haha... No comment by the cat but which cat doesn't like fish? :D HaHa!!

After eating the porridge, RunawayCat suddenly disappear. Haha. Nola. She went for an interview at Park Royal Hotel. So the food hunting trip went on with only both of us. This time, it was difficult because Man Lim had no idea where Jalan Pasar is. I once asked a colleague, he told me it should be somewhere near pudu. Maybe near Pasar Seni. But it was no where to be found. We went driving around KL until we decided to ask someone for direction.

Man went down from the car to ask an uncle for direction. The uncle was very passionate in telling Man how to get to Jalan Pasar. He even drew a map for him. Thanks to the uncle, at last we reached Jalan Pasar. It is located along Jalan Pudu but definitely no where near Pudu.

When we reached there, it was like a success. Haha. Well, Fernando did mentioned that day that we need to celebrate our succes at every opportunity. Haha.

Here's the curry puff (sorry camera lose)

It comes in 2 flavour. Chicken or Mutton. Mutton one taste slightly better but both also very salty. The crust was nice. Man commented that the fillings were a bit creamy. Maybe because of the potato. Overall, the curry puff deserve a thumbs up but saltiness is the main issue here. I'll give it a 2 1/2 star.

Want to join us in our food hunting experience, submit to me the food you wanna try and maybe we can go together this next time. :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok onz count me in

dominiqueban said...

hahaha...onz!

Anonymous said...

i rather hunt for "other things"

dominiqueban said...

errr...like ppy farm?

Joyce said...

why the currypuff don look like currypuff? O.o it looks weird....

i wan go food hunting too!! expecially the porridge. it looks nice. yummmmm

dominiqueban said...

of cos..come kl den we can go! :D